Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Book Spotlight: Million Dollar Mistake by Meg Lacey



Hi everyone,
I’m Meg Lacey, and I have a new series Million Dollar Men, with the first book, Million Dollar Mistake, just released by Samhain Publishing.  I’ve previously written for Harlequin/Silhouette, and I also have a new paranormal romance release out, The Sparrow and The Hawk from Imajinn Books. Also, I’ve just signed a contract with Entangled Publishing. So I’m kind of busy. Not that being busy is anything new to any of us. Is it? I love being busy, because I just get in trouble when I’m bored.  What about you?
I remember working as a clerk in a drugstore when I was seventeen. I hated it. I was bored to death.  I had nothing to do because the store was in a low-traffic area and due to close any minute. I was standing at the cashiers station when a lone customer showed up. Unfortunately the guy had a bottle of whiskey, which I couldn’t sell. I politely explained the matter to him, but he got very belligerent. My boredom spilled over into temper, and temper makes you do things you shouldn’t do.  So the next thing I knew I was yelling at him to use his eyes and see that I wasn’t old enough to sell liquor, that along with a few other things I probably shouldn’t have said. Bottom line, I ended up working in the stockroom where the only trouble I could get into was insulting boxes. LOL.
Anyway, my dislike of boredom and the way it could lead to impulsive actions started me thinking… what if I had the money to do anything I wanted to do. What would be like to have no obligations, and have the time and money to do anything I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. That thought translated into Million Dollar Mistake. Boredom is what sends Raven Rutledge into the Adirondack Mountains with a man she’d just met.
Million Dollar Mistake comes with a warning, but it’s not erotica because, even having studied the Karma Sutra I still can’t figure out all of the erotic positions, and think I’d probably hurt myself if I tried them—but MDM is still sexy and a lot of fun.
Warning: Million Dollar Mistake contains a tabloid sweetheart who loves to be bad, a sexy hero with little patience for mind games, and a game of strip pool that will make you rethink your weekend plans.
In addition to overseeing the financial affairs of the wealthy Kristoff family, Nicholas Demetrious specializes in hauling its rambunctious members out of trouble. Especially his distant cousin, Raven Rutledge.
The tabloids love her bad-girl antics, sexy pout, and body made for sin. Nicholas would love to spank the bejesus out of her, but this time the situation is too serious to entertain such a fantasy. A lucrative business deal with the Exeters is in jeopardy, and Jackson Exeter Sr.’s ultimatum is clear: Remove this man-eater from my country house, or the deal is off.
Raven is in way over her head. She accepted the invitation to the Exeters’ Adirondack house party as a refreshing change from her jet-setting lifestyle—until she learns the guest list includes his entire family. His ex-girlfriend. And the junior Exeter’s intention to propose.
If ever she needed suave, sophisticated Nicholas’s persuasive powers, it’s now. Then he’s there with a plan to get her out of this tangle: sweep her off her feet. But their pretend passion turns all too real. And what started out as a weekend of fun threatens to shatter into betrayal and heartbreak.
I had a great time writing this book. It’s about relationships, two sets of them in fact. There’s a lot of hot sex, and almost hot sex, but there is also a lot of humor in my writing. I hope like the result. Meanwhile, I can’t wait to bring you more stories about Million Dollar Men and the women who love them.
Be sure to register for the giveaways that will accompany the release dates of Million Dollar Mistake and The Sparrow and the Hawk. Go to my website: www.meglacey.com and click on Giveaways, or go to my facebook page for information: www.facebook.com/meglaceybooks.
Here’s an excerpt: MILLION DOLLAR MISTAKEbyMeg Lacey
That afternoon, Raven had escaped to the library. As a child, she'd spent many hours among the books at her home, both from inclination and from a need to hide from her family, think things over and dream. Funny how she never outgrew some childhood experiences, regardless of how far she came. She rolled her eyes. A psychologist would probably explain that she was still hiding from reality, judging by her adult behavior.
Up in the loft, Raven tucked herself deeper into a wing chair placed in an alcove of books located near the top of the winding stairs.
She was well hidden up here in her cozy haven, but could still see some of the room below. Rubbing her chin, she considered her awkward situation. Since the snow was falling more heavily, all thoughts of leaving immediately were out. She'd have to think on her feet and improvise. She started to rise when the strident sound of angry voices changed her mind. Jackson and his father entered the library in the midst of a volatile argument. She shrunk farther into her chair, praying no one would see her.
"Save your breath, Father," Jackson said. "I'm an adult. I will see whom I wish, when I wish."
"Goddammit, Jackson," J.R. exploded. "You're playing with fire here, don't you know that? Have you any idea of this woman's reputation? What she could do to you?"
"She makes me laugh and takes my breath away when I look at her. That's what she does to me."
"Hell's Bells, son, I could introduce you to a dozen high-priced whores who could do the same thing."
"Watch yourself," Jackson warned. "You're talking about the woman I'm considering marrying."
Raven almost jumped out of her chair.
Marry? Ohmigod. She was right.
"Marry, is it? Have you lost every bit of sense you were born with? You can't marry her. I forbid it."
"You forbid it? I'm not a child, I'm twenty-eight. I'll marry anyone I damn well please."
"No, you won't. I control the money, Jackson. And I'm still the head of the family. I haven't worked all these years to see my son throw it away because the front of his pants are too tight."
"I haven't even had sex with her. My feelings are stronger than that."
"Oh, listen to yourself. You sound like a lovesick calf. If you want to moon over someone, moon about Lorianne. She's someone who can do you some good." "Will you stop shoving Lorianne down my throat every two seconds?" Jackson snapped. "Not till you come to your senses."
"Lorianne is part of my childhood. I grew up."
"Grown-ups fulfill their obligations, son."
"Their obligations?" Jackson's voice was not only hot with temper, it dripped with sarcasm. "Don't you mean I'm supposed to fulfill your political ambitions? Did you ever ask me if it's what I want?"
"It's always been understood that—"

Jackson gave a sharp, unpleasant laugh. "If it means so much to you, Father, why the hell don't you run for office instead of laying it all on me?" A slamming door punctuated the end of Jackson's statement.

0 Moonbeams (comments):