Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wistful Wednesday


A Review: Stolen Away
by Alyxandra Harvey


Stolen Away
Alyxandra Harvey brings her trademark romance and adventure to the world of Faery
For seventeen years, Eloise Hart had no idea the world of Faery even existed. Now she has been abducted and trapped in the Rath of Lord Strahan, King of Faery. Strahan was only meant to rule for seven years, as Faery tradition dictates, and then give up his crown to another. But he won't comply, and now chaos threatens both worlds.

The only one who can break his stranglehold on the Faery court is his wife ... Eloise's aunt Antonia. Using Eloise to lure Antonia, Strahan captures his wife, desperate to end the only threat to his reign. Now Eloise must become the rescuer. Together with her best friends Jo and Devin, she must forge alliances with other Fae, including a gorgeous protector named Lucas, and Strahan's mysterious son, Eldric—who may or may not betray them.
My Thoughts:
All I can say about this book is that the title is not misleading - and it is the reader who will be Stolen Away by this story. I have read quite a few books with this same theme in the past and they were really hit or miss with me. Some lived up to the hype, others made me wonder what the hype was all about. Not so Stolen Away. This has to be one of the best Faery books I have read in a long time.
I was caught from the very first pages and happily strung along until the thrilling conclusion - and I wasn't disappointed by it. The characters were amazing and so well drawn out, it was like I was reading the diary of a friend. I found myself rooting for the characters and wishing them well, cringing when they ran into trouble, and breathing a sigh of relief when things worked out. I found myself drooling over Lucas and Eldric, laughing out loud with Devin, and secretly wishing I was either Eloise or Jo.
The descriptions of the faeries and their world were detailed to the point that I felt like I was there with them, experiencing everything they did. I actually believed this world could exist. And I almost wanted to live there! But not everything is beautiful in the faery world and that is where the real intrigue lies.
If you enjoy stories about faeries and the faery world, then you will definitely want to b Stolen Away.

0 Moonbeams (comments):