Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wistful Wednesday

Motivation

by

Suzanne Gravelle

author of Unfinished



Unfinished by Suzanne Gravelle Cover Art.jpg


Motivation is a great word, just saying it is motivating unless you are consumed with negativity, self doubt and fears.

What you are trying to get motivated about dictates how much energy you need to put into getting motivated to accomplish the feat in front of you. Cleaning the garage or closet can take a lot to talk ourselves into it. If someone says, “I will help, let’s work together to get it done so we can relax,” those people are motivators. On the other hand, likely you wouldn’t need much motivation to pack for a trip to a warmer climate.

When we are unable to motivate ourselves to get out of bed or a negative state of thinking and feeling, motivators become most important to us. When I was in the middle of a life altering transition compounded by a devastating heartbreak I could not even motivate myself to go to the kitchen make tea. However, motivating and encouraging words from well-meaning friends and family were the last thing I wanted to hear.

The only thing that kept me motivated was the knowledge that when my home sold I would be able to embark upon my “Self Imposed Exile”. I wanted and needed to be alone to explore why I suddenly became the most de-motivating person I knew even though I was the exact opposite my whole life. Until this time, I was always a motivator.

17 months and 60,000 km after leaving my home town I finally found the motivation to move from my place of despair, but it did not come easily. Many nights sleeping alone in a strange bed in a strange town I would ask myself, “What happened to me? Why don’t I want to get up? Why? Why? Why?”

Most importantly, I wanted to find the answers to help me become the person I knew I once was. I could once again be a person who once inspired and motivated others with my energy and positive way of living. And what did it take? I had to listen to myself carefully. It required self-motivation to keep moving forward and truly believing the motivational words that came out of my mouth. The same words I did not want to hear from well meaning friends and family.

Most of us have listened to motivational speakers. I know a few personally and I now speak to groups myself. There is no question they have the ability to ramp up a room full of people. But is it sustained when we leave? Not often and it is frustrating to the speakers because it is their job to motivate. What I have learned from my close relationship with them is that they can “tell” me how to do it and say all the right words. However, if we do not take an active part in using the motivational skills we learned from them and that we have naturally, we have a constant battle to stay motivated and working positively toward the life we want to live. Thank goodness I got back to the point where I listen to my own words.

header.jpg


For more information about Unfinished by Suzanne Gravelle, visit http://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Suzanne-Gravelle/dp/192700506X and you can follow her journey on her blog – http://ontourwithsuzanne.blogspot.com.  


For more information about Unfinished by Suzanne Gravelle, visit http://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Suzanne-Gravelle/dp/192700506X and you can follow her journey on her blog – http://ontourwithsuzanne.blogspot.com.  


About Unfinished

This is a true story of a woman who experienced such a profound awakening that she could no longer live the same way, the same life she was just one week before. She could no longer ignore the woman who was screaming to be set free from the ties that bind her to a life she no longer desired or recognized. The transformation to become the woman she really wanted to be has propelled her upon the most remarkable self-discovery journey of her life. She sold her home, gave up her career, kissed her children, grandchildren and friend’s good bye, got into her vehicle and just drove away…ALONE. Where was she going? 30,000km later she finds herself in the most unlikely place to try to piece her life together, trying to make sense of the constant feeling of being UNFINISHED. (To order your copy – http://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Suzanne-Gravelle/dp/192700506X)


About Suzanne Gravelle


Suzanne Gravelle is 49 Years old and has 3 children, 2 grandchildren who live in Nova Scotia.  At the time this book goes to print she is single and homeless by choice, still travelling, seeking that place of comfort she will eventually call home.

She spent most of her life living in Nova Scotia but her formidable years aged 10-25, were spent living on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. She resigned as a Real Estate Agent in Nova Scotia, to embark upon this most incredible journey, driving, exploring Canada and writing this book. To read Suzanne’s extended bio, visit http://bookpromotionservices.com/2011/11/10/suzanne-gravelle-bio/

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thank you so much for posting this! This is just what I need.