Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Twilight Thursday



Review: True Grime
by Natasha Deen



When I review books, my number one criteria is that the story grabs me from the beginning and never lets me go. Meaning, when I'm not reading it, I think about it, wonder what's going to happen next, and/or set aside some other task so I can back to it. If I start a book and easily get distracted by something else and have difficulty getting back into the book later, then it usually ends up being a dnf for me. Unfortunately, this was one of those books for me. It didn't meet my criteria enough for me to finish it and so I don't feel as if I can give it the attention it deserves. I realize that reading is a very subjective thing. What doesn't intrigue me might thrill someone else. In light of that, I am going to let the book speak for itself. Here's a link to the first chapter (found on the author's blog). Please read it and decide for yourself. This may be just what you were looking for!






Book Details:

Genre:Young Adult Urban Fantasy/Mystery
Publisher: Blueberry Hill
Publication Date: August 2011


Synopsis:

Grime cop and teen fairy Pepper Powder lives for one thing: protecting the human species from magical zealots who seek to eradicate them with Violent Illness of Unusual Resistance and Strength (humans call them “viruses,” but their mistake is understandable. The very young often get their words wrong.). When a terrorist leader releases a necrophage bomb, it not only decimates Grime headquarters, it turns Pepper into the magical world’s first fairy amputee—but she’s not going to let a little thing like a missing leg stop her. To catch her criminal, and prevent him from unleashing a VIURS in one of the human world’s biggest shopping centers, West Edmonton Mall, she goes undercover as a human. But once Pepper's theories of humanity collide with the reality of bullies, cliques, and environmental destruction, will she still believe humanity's worth saving?



Author Bio:

When I was little, there was only one thing I wanted to be: a superhero. But there came a day when my dreams were broken, and that was the day I realized that being a klutz was not, in fact, a super power, and my super weakness for anything bright and shiny meant a magpie with self-control could easily defeat me in a battle of wills. I turned to writing as a way to sharpen my mental super-hero skills. I don’t get to orbit the earth in a space station (and thank God, because I get sick on merry go round), but I do get to say things like: “Stand aside! This is a job for Writing Girl!!”



Connect With Natasha:


The Next Stop:

November 11-The Hot Author Report (Review)

Purchase Links: 

0 Moonbeams (comments):