Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Starlight Saturday


Guest Blog: Elaine Lowe


One of the things I love most about writing is when an idea just strikes at some random moment, be it in the shower, while waiting at a turn signal, or filling out tax forms. That image or idea begins to itch in the back of my brain, taking shape and form and building up an entire storyline to justify its existence. That’s exactly what happened to me for Magic Eights, my latest contemporary paranormal, coming out with Ellora’s Cave on July 8th.


I was in the middle of writing a completely different book, a historical set in Hawaii that I am still plugging away on, when this insistently horny wife popped into my mind’s eye while I should have been refining my chapter outlines. Susanna was lying in her bathtub, holding a prognosticating Magic Eight ball, and asking it ridiculously erotic questions involving activities to try with her workaholic husband. Well, she would not leave me alone, and so in very short order her story came out as Magic Eights.


It’s a fun, steamy romp for me, different then a lot of my books. Most of my books are historicals with lots and lots of heavily researched plot. This is sex, sex and more sweet, hot sex. It’s the magic-enhanced dream world of a happily married couple, and it was so much fun to write. Susanna has finally left me alone, but her friend Esme is bugging me now. She’s the witch who gave Susanna that enchanted Magic Eight ball as an anniversary present, and now she wants her own story told. I have a feeling that my Hawaiian epic is going to get interrupted again!


Still, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I often have two or three manuscripts going at any one time, and countless short flash fictions and drabbles. The more I write, the more I write, and I like to keep my mind agile with whatever is flowing the best. At the moment my main projects are that infamous interrupted Hawaiian story, which is part of my Passion Magi series along with Enchant the Dawn, Reveal the Heart, Foretell the Flame and Command the Wind. Competing for my writing attention is a very cool tale of demigods and would-be vampires set in 1880’s London, with a five thousand year old heroine and a snarky thermodynamics professor. And finally, there’s the first stirrings of Esme’s tale, which is shaping up to be a whole lot of fun.


I’ve got a whole huge file of story ideas, and characters that occasionally pop into the forefront of my mind and demand that I scribble notes about them on paper napkins, the back of envelopes, or the always useful palm of my hand. After all, I’ve got a day job, or two, and I’m a mom and a wife, and I’ve got to grasp on to inspiration when it comes and hold on tight to the heart and soul of it before it disappears back down into the chaos of the everyday.


I hope you check out Magic Eights when it comes out next week, but if you just can’t wait to take a look at my writing, a lot of my older books on are sale right now at Amazon and All Romance eBooks! And my recent releases Mask of Ice and the anthology Some Like it Sweet, deliver more hot and sweet romance with a touch of magic.


Want to know more about my writing and me? Check out my webpage at www.elainelowenovels.com, or connect with my on Twitter. I’m elainelowe there, and I tweet about anything and everything, although I promise I won’t give a play by play of how I brush my teeth, but you might see pictures of my latest goggles I’ve acquired for my steampunk Dickens costume, or get a hot and juicy quote from whatever manuscript I’m working on at the moment. I also love to hear comments, ideas and input from readers, so drop on in and say howdy or send me an email at elalowe@gmail.com. Have fun and keep reading!


Elaine Lowe

Blurb for Magic Eights:

A casual wish by a frustratingly horny wife and a most unexpected bit of magic results. Susanna walks into her kitchen to see two copies of William, her husband of eight years. When they both seduce her, she’s helpless to resist. Who would want to? When another copy walks in and makes love to her, and another, she ceases to ask why, only, how much can she take?

Seven copies, one original and all of them want to push her to the very brink. Can she handle them all? Sinful satisfaction is the best anniversary present, and eight is Susanna’s lucky number.

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Ellen said...

Wow lol definitely an interesting read!

Anonymous said...

I am always fascinated to hear different authors' processes. Since it's not my gift, I admire those who have it. Sounds like I need to check out some of Elaine Lowe's books!

Michelle V

Kelly McClymer said...

Isn't it annoying -- and wonderful -- when a character barges in on your writing and insists you stop everything and write her story? That's happened to me a few times, too.

Love your premise, fictionally. To have eight copies of my dh, though -- probably not a good idea :-)

Elaine Lowe said...

Thanks so much for your comments!
Michelle V - there's a truly epic sale on many of my books on Amazon and All Romance ebooks right now, most of my books are between $.74 and $1.19! (sorry for the shameless promotion)
Kelly - The eight copies is a lovely fantasy, but think of all the laundry! It's a fun book premise though and I loved writing it.
I've had several books that appeared because a character just wouldn't let me write anything else. Those are some of my best works, including Lady Six Sky, Scandalous Profession and Sea of Pearls.

Cheryl said...

What a neat story. Inspiration strikes at odd moments for me too. Congrats on the upcoming release.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! for sharing.