Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wistful Wednesday

Looking For Inspiration


So I've been sitting here trying to come up with something witty for this post and I've got nothing. Just blank. I need inspiration. What should I write about? Do I even feel like writing today? Maybe I should just read instead...

For those of us who write, this is, unfortunately, a common occurrence. More often than we'd like to acknowledge, we come up against this blankness that supersedes everything else and makes us totally crazy. You could call it the super nova of writing. Even though you may have a ton of great ideas twinkling in your brain like so many shiny stars, something happens to make your will to write them implode and create this great black void of nothingness.

So the question is, what do you do to get around this nothingness? How do you get back on track? How do you find inspiration to keep on doing what you do, even if it's something you love doing? I am open to ideas, so let them roll! Would love to see what you come up with!

6 Moonbeams (comments):

Cheryl said...

I usually critique someone else's work. Dissecting another person's project gets to me to thinking how I can improve my own WIPs, which is always inspiring.

Good luck!

Cheryl

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks, Cheryl! That's a good idea! I think that's what I do when I read - I find inspiration in the words of others.

Angela said...

I like to do something completely not related to writing. Remove myself. But, in a public environment...where there are lots of people. People watching always gives me ideas.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Ooo, Angela, that's a good idea! I'll have to try that!

Karen Cioffi said...

When I don't know what to write about (in regard to posts) I read a writing magazine or something on marketing and ideas come along.

I also have a WIP folder and list ideas when they come to mind.

It's never-ending. :)

Margay Leah Justice said...

Karen, great ideas! I never thought of reading a writing magazine for ideas!