Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wistful Wednesday

Special Guest:
Caridad Pineiro


Please help me welcome our very special guest today, Caridad Pineiro, a New York Times best-selling author, who has a new book out entitled Aztec Gold.



I’m one of those authors who still has a day job in addition to the writing gig. Add to that being a wife and mom and people often ask me how it is that I manage to juggle all those roles.
Like most things in life, including juggling, the key is finding balance.

The first thing to do is to find out what is your most creative time so that when you are able to set aside time to write, that time is productive.

The second thing to do is to work out a rough schedule of what your day looks like. Identify must do things. For me one must do thing was sitting down every night for dinner with my family. See what things you can consolidate to do at the same time. For example, catching up on television show
s and writing are things that I do at the same time.

If after doing the schedule it appears that your every day schedule doesn’t allow much free time, ask yourself if you can get up earlier or stay up later depending on when you are most creative. I found I was a morning person and so I started getting up a lot earlier so that I could write and not interfere with either family or my day job.

Using those steps, I manage to write a couple of books a year as well as prepare proposals for books to be pitched.

That’s another important hint for you: Even when you are working on one book, give some thought to what your next project will be. Jot down some notes about the idea so you can flesh it out and have something ready to write when you are finished with the project on which you are now working.

Hope you enjoyed these tips on managing your writer’s life.

For more information, please visit the author's website at http://www.caridad.com/




Want to get a sneak peek of Aztec Gold? Check out the video below!








7 Moonbeams (comments):

Cheryl said...

Great article, Caridad. I make sure the family sits down to dinner together each night too.

Wishing you the best,

Cheryl

Kate Dolan said...

I like your approach. It's a good way to prioritize and make sure the important stuff is covered. Thanks for the tips!

Jaime said...

My biggest help is always knowing what I will be working on next. :) I'll have to take your other adivce on board because I feel busy as it is - and I'm not even a mom yet!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the helpful writing tips.

Turning the Clock Back said...

Thanks for all the helpful tips. Balance is difficult to achieve, maybe the tips will help me a bit!

Diane

Caridad Pineiro said...

I hope the tips helped. I know it sounds daunting at times, but once you get into a rhythm that's natural for you, you'll find it's not so bad.

Margay Leah Justice said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! So happy you found these tips useful - I did, too!