Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, March 27, 2011

SUPERNATURAL SUNDAY

Last months interviews were so fun, they decided to let me come back in March! Call me Aine this time around…

Before we begin, I must remind everyone of the Moonlight Mistresses boring rule to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – *eye roll*. However, they haven’t seemed to care about double entendres, so let them fly!

My guests today are, Rafe McBride and Maggie Monroe – please, have a seat on our lovely couch! – from (year1866)St. Louis, but lately from Colorado. Their tale can be found in Rafe’s Redemption a novel creation by Jennifer Jakes.

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, *

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!

Aine: Please, Rafe, tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Rafe: *laughs* Neither. Completely by accident. Or perhaps fate.

Aine: Maggie, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Maggie: *she would give an evil smile* Well, compared to the other men bidding on me. . . *Rafe would roll his eyes* No, Rafe stood out from the crowd and not just because he bathed regularly. He was in fact, the best looking man I’d ever seen.

Aine: Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you both feel about this?

Maggie: A bad miscalculation on my part. I should have known –

Rafe: Sweetheart, nobody would have thought a family member capable of what he did. See, her dam – *Maggie would whack him* - oh, pardon my language. Her worthless cousin put her on the auction block to pay his gambling debt. I was in town to buy my winter supplies. When I saw what was happening, I couldn’t leave her there. Those men intended to . . .well, you can imagine. So I bought her, and we started back East toward St. Louis. But a blizzard blew in, and long story short, we ended up stranded. Alone. *he grins*And let’s just say I’m not sorry.
Maggie *blushes* Me either.

Aine: Rafe, would you say that your relationship developed easily or would you say there was some reluctance?

Rafe: Some reluctance. Ha. We both fought our feelings.

Aine: How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Maggie: I was hesitant to trust Rafe. But time and time again he proved what a good man he is. It didn’t take long to figure out his gruff façade was just that. A façade.

Rafe: Well, I won’t deny I was attracted to Maggie from the start. But I didn’t want to be. *grin* When she proved to me she was unselfish – and I don’t want to go into detail on that – I had to admit my feelings were more than just physical.

Aine: Rafe, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Maggie?

Rafe: I had to finish things with the man trying to kill me.

Aine: This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Maggie: I suppose as odd as it sounds, we should thank my evil cousin.

Rafe: *nods* And I’d have to thank Maggie for not giving up on me.

Aine: I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Maggie, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Rafe would _____?" *leans forward to eagerly hear your response*

Maggie: *blushes* Take me on more “picnics” up on the ridge above our house.

Aine: Rafe, would you prefer to give Maggie a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

Rafe: Oh, a bubble bath. Maggie really enjoys getting wet . . . and soapy. In fact the first time I gave her a bath she –
Maggie should whack him again


Aine: How many of you remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Let’s see how well you two know each other. Rafe, what would Maggie say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

Rafe: I have a weakness for sweets – particularly if I can eat them from my favorite, *clears throat*, plate.

Aine: Maggie, did he correctly guess your answer? How would you have answered that question?

Maggie: Yes. That’s what I would have said. *turns to Rafe* You’re never going to let me live down that dream, are you?

Rafe: It was your dream, sweetheart. I was just happy to make it come true.

Aine: *sits back in his chair* Rafe, what would Maggie say is a spot guaranteed to drive you crazy with passion? Is she correct in that assumption?

Rafe: *whispers* I don’t think I can say that particular spot in a public forum.

Maggie: Oh, my God.

Aine: *readjusts his position in the chair* It’s time to cool things off just a tad. Maggie, as far as you know, what is Rafe’s idea of a perfect date?

Maggie: I don’t really know. We never had a traditional courtship.

Aine: Rafe, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Rafe: What she said is true, much to my regret. But there was one night . . .We sat beside the fireplace, sharing a sip of whiskey, and we decided to dance. Just the two of us in the dim light, swaying close together. . .

Maggie Yes, that was perfect.

Aine: I want to switch gears just a bit. March has close connections to Ireland, and as many of us acknowledge, Ireland is steeped in myths and mysticism, as are many Native American tribal beliefs. Maggie, Rafe Do you believe in this type of mysticism? Have you had any experiences that helped you develop these beliefs?

Maggie: I haven’t.

Rafe: I’m not sure. My friend Cecil Two-Feathers has strong belief in the things you’re speaking of. And I do respect his opinion.

Aine: Maggie, Rafe Do you believe in fate and destiny or are most things just a happenstance of coincidence? Why do you feel the way you do?

Maggie: After the way we met, I believe in destiny 100%.

Rafe: Me too. We were meant to be together.

Aine: Maggie, Rafe, Where do you see yourselves in 5 years?

Maggie: Still on our ranch in Colorado. Hopefully with more children. And of course a few more trips to Paris.

Rafe: Sounds good to me.

Aine: I’m sorry folks, but that’s all the time we have for today. Thanks to Rafe and Maggie for joining us today and giving us some great answers. We hope you’ll check out their story, Rafe’s Redemption.

To learn more about their author, Jennifer Jakes, visit: http://www.jenniferjakes.com/


Blurb:

He rode into town to buy supplies, not a woman.

For hunted recluse Rafe McBride, the raven-haired beauty on the auction block is exactly what he doesn't need. A dependent woman will be another clue his vengeful stepbrother can use to find and kill him. But Rafe's conscience won't let him leave another innocent's virginity to the riff-raff bidding. He buys her, promising to return her to St. Louis untouched. He only prays the impending blizzard holds off before her sultry beauty breaks his willpower.

She wanted freedom, not a lover.

Whisked to the auction block by her devious, gambling cousin, and then sold into the arms of a gorgeous stranger, outspoken artist Maggie Monroe isn't about to go meekly. Especially when the rugged mountain man looks like sin and danger rolled into one. But a blizzard and temptation thrust them together, and Maggie yearns to explore her smoldering passion for Rafe.

But when the snow clears, will the danger and secrets that surround Rafe and Maggie tear them apart?


Excerpt:

Oh, Lord. He was going to kiss her. She shouldn’t want this. She was confused enough. Respectable women didn’t kiss men they barely knew, certainly not men who made them have wild, exotic dreams.

It was crazy. He was making her want crazy things. Making her not give a damn about her reputation or her virginity. Or her long-awaited freedom. All she could think about was that dream, and the way his sinful mouth had felt. The table was only a step away, and honey was just as sweet as peach juice…

She swallowed hard and looked up into his hooded eyes.

“Maggie,” he groaned. “Don’t be scared. I’d never hurt you.”

Her mouth parted to object, but firm lips covered hers, hungry, demanding. She gasped, shocked at his hunger, but even more at the illicit response coursing through her. An aching heat unfurled low in her stomach, pulsed between her legs. Oh, yes. It started just like in the dream.

He deepened the kiss, coaxed her lips with his warm tongue. Long, languid strokes teased the inside of her mouth, encouraging, tempting before he pulled back to nibble the corners of her lips.

Oh, God. Is this what all kisses felt like? Hot, lethargic? Melting her like molasses over warm bread?

“Kiss me, Maggie,” he breathed.

3 Moonbeams (comments):

Jennifer Jakes said...

Thanks for having Rafe and Maggie here today ;)

Barb H said...

What an adorable couple. You are, indeed, well matched!! Great interview you two :)

Dana's Blah Blah Blog said...

Nice interview!