Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mystic Monday

Before we begin, I must remind everyone of the Moonlight Mistresses boring rule to please try and keep your responses to a PG13 atmosphere – *eye roll*. However, they haven’t seemed to care about double entendres, so let them fly!

My guests today are, Noah Kavanaugh and Daisy Hammel-Kanavaugh – from Scottsdale, Arizona. Their tale can be found in the Desert Magick series: Superstitions (Bk 1), Dream Catcher (Bk 2), and Day of the Dead (Bk 3) created by Dana Davis.

*Settling comfortably onto the sofa, *

You two make one fine pair! I did a wonderful job pairing you two up if I do say so myself! Then, I just love all of my matches!


Aine: Please, Noah tell our readers how you two first met. Was it by your design, or hers?

Noah: Thanks for inviting us, Aine. Well, considering that I didn’t have any idea she was a witch at the time, I have my suspicions. *chuckles when Daisy gives him a playful smack*

Aine: Daisy, would you say it was love at first sight or did you find him repulsive?

Daisy: Okay, Aine, let me set the record straight that I did not put a spell on him. When I first met him at a conference it was purely business. Really. But I thought he was very handsome. There was definitely chemistry. *smiles* What can I say? I have a thing for smart geeky types.

Aine: Those are the best types, aren't they? Since chaotic happenstance tends to put characters like yourselves in situations where they must work together or live together for one reason or another, tell us what chaotic happenstance “forced” the two of you to work or live together. How did you both feel about this?

Daisy: Well, the chaos didn’t actually start until recently. *shakes head* We’ve been having problems with ghosts and a few other paranormal nasties. Huge problems, in fact. I seem to be the focus so I feel bad that Noah got caught up in all this.

Noah: *places comforting hand on wife’s wrist* She worries about me but I worry about her. I have to admit the attacks get to me sometimes. But I love her. And I’ll stand by her. No matter what comes. And we’ve got her cousin Bridgette helping us out, as well as a few others from time to time.

Daisy: Oh, yeah, Bridge is like a sister to me. We grew up together here in Arizona. She’s been a huge help with all the problems we’ve had lately.

Aine: It's always nice to have family support. Noah, would you say that your relationship developed easily or would you say there was some reluctance?

Noah: We met at a conference and got along right from the start. At first it was business. We’d meet for coffee or lunch and talk about symbols she was trying to translate. I have a background in linguistics. So, I’d have to say we became friends first. *grins* Then lovers.

Aine: How long did it take you to know your true feelings for the other? At what point did you know, “this is the one”?

Daisy: It was gradual for me and I think for Noah, too.

Noah: Yeah, same here. Only I came around a little sooner than she did. I just couldn’t resist her witchy charm.

Daisy: Noah, stop that. *giggles* Like he said, we were friend first. I think that’s important for a lasting relationship. Once we started seriously dating, I think it became obvious to both of us that we just fit together. At least that’s how it was for me.

Noah: Didn’t hurt that her mom liked me right away. *grins*

Aine: Noah, what would you say was your biggest obstacle to overcome before you could settle into a relationship with Daisy?

Noah: Learning her secret that she’s a witch. Paranormals don’t go around sharing that kind of news with just anybody. It’s not safe. She was reluctant to tell me. Probably thought I’d run away once I found out. But I didn’t. *leans forward* Besides, she’s one sexy witch. *grins when Daisy gives him a playful smack*

Aine: This is for either of you. Would you like to thank anyone – other than me, of course – for getting you two together?

Daisy: Well, you’re great, Aine, but I’d also like to thank whichever ancestor left those indecipherable magick books to me. Without those, I never would’ve gone to that conference looking for someone to help me translate the symbols. I never would have met Noah.

Noah: I’d like to thank my dad for his teachings. He was the best linguist in the Phoenix area. In my opinion, anyway. He taught at ASU. Oh, that’s Arizona State, for everyone who doesn’t live here.

Aine: I know our readers have enjoyed learning about you two so far, but I’m getting a little bored, so I’m going to heat things up. Daisy, how would you end this sentence, "I wish Noah would _____?" *leans forward to eagerly hear your response*

Daisy: Let me see him swim in a Speedo. Just once. For a geek, he’s in great shape. *grins*

Noah: *shakes head* I don’t do Speedos.

Aine: Too bad! *clears throat* Noah, would you prefer to give Daisy a bubble bath or a back massage? Why?

Noah: I’d have to go with the bath. She looks great in bubbles. But I wouldn’t balk at giving her a back massage, either. Anything, as long as it’s hands on.

Daisy: Really? Well, we’ll have to do something about that later. *gives him a smoldering look*

Aine: How many of you remember that old show, The Newlywed Game? Well, these next questions are going to help us play a similar game. Let’s see how well you two know each other. Noah, what would Daisy say is your aphrodisiac? *waggles eyebrows*

Noah: Oh, let’s see. I love it when she gets out of the pool all wet and shivering.

Aine: Daisy, did he correctly guess your answer? How would you have answered that question?

Daisy: Is that why you steal my towel sometimes? I would’ve said his aphrodisiac is watching me in the kitchen. He loves my cooking. *grins* I mean, really loves it.

Noah: Oh, yeah, she’s a great cook. In the bedroom, too. *winks*

Aine: Is it getting warm in here, or is it just me?*sits back in her chair* Noah, what would Daisy say is a spot guaranteed to drive you crazy with passion? Is she correct in that assumption?

Noah: *clears throat* I can’t say that here. But she’s really good at it.

Daisy: Noah, you’re terrible.

Aine: Well, I think we can figure out what you’re hinting at… *readjusts her position in the chair* It’s time to cool things off just a tad. Daisy, as far as you know, what is Noah’s idea of a perfect date?

Daisy: Well, from his previous answers, I’ll have to say swimming, followed by some home-cooking.

Aine: Noah, is she correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Noah: What she said sounds great, actually.

Aine: Noah, your turn in the hot seat. What is Daisy’s idea of a perfect date?

Noah: That’s easy. A huge estate auction.

Aine: Daisy, is he correct? If not, what is your idea of a perfect date?

Daisy: I love auctions. So that’s good. But he forgot to add dinner out. Maybe at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Noah: You’re making me hungry.

Aine: In your adventures, journeys or travels, have the two of you had the chance to have the “perfect date,” or the closest you could get to one? Where did you go and what did you do?

Noah: We spent our honeymoon in Hawaii.

Daisy: That was perfect. Except for the guy next door who kept trying to get into our hotel room. He and his wife were celebrating their fiftieth and he kept forgetting which room was theirs.

Noah: I don’t think he forgot. I think the old guy was trying to get a peep at you naked.

Daisy: *laughs* Good thing our balcony had privacy walls.

Aine: Sounds very juicy! Okay, I want to switch gears just a bit. March has close connections to Ireland, and as many of us acknowledge, Ireland is steeped in myths and mysticism, as are many Native American tribal beliefs. Daisy, Noah, do you believe in this type of mysticism? Have you had any experiences that helped you develop these beliefs?

Daisy: Oh, preaching to the choir on this one, Aine. My ancestry goes back to Ireland. And I was born in Arizona, where we have a lot of Native people. You’d be surprised how much is true in some of those stories. Let’s just say that some myths aren’t too far from the truth and leave it at that. For now…

Noah: Even though my ancestors are from Ireland, too, I never thought much about myths until I met Daisy. But with all the run-ins we’ve had lately, I’m now a stout believer in a lot of things.

Aine: Proof that a woman can train a man *winks*. Daisy, Noah, do you believe in fate and destiny or are most things just a happenstance of coincidence? Why do you feel the way you do?

Daisy: My mother believed that coincidence is the Fates’ way of getting things done. I tended to chafe at that belief. *frowns* Until recently.

Noah: I’m still on the fence with this one, so I’ll have to get back to you.

Aine: Daisy, Noah, where do you see yourselves in 5 years?

Daisy: Still alive, I hope.

Noah: *eyes Daisy* What my wife means is we’ve had a rough time lately.

Daisy: Yeah, sorry. In five years, I hope to be living in our same home, together and happy. With our little dog, Perky, still going strong. You know, normal stuff.

Noah: And I wouldn’t mind if we had a kid to keep Perky company. *raises a brow at his wife*

Daisy: Not now, Noah.

Aine: I’m sorry folks, but that’s all the time we have for today. Thanks to Noah and Daisy for joining us today and giving us some great answers. We hope you’ll check out their series, Desert Magick.

To learn more about their author, Dana Davis, visit: www.danadaviswriting.com

In anticipation of spring and Dana’s birthday, all of her eBooks are currently on sale for just $2.99 at www.synergebooks.com. But hurry! This is a limited time offer. Sale ends April 30th!

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Dana's Blah Blah Blog said...

Thanks so much for having Daisy and Noah! They had a great time. =)

Flora said...

We were glad to have them!