Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wistful Wednesday

Preparations


As we speed toward the end of this year with a somewhat monumental event ahead of us (you know what it is), I am consumed with thoughts of preparation. There are so many things to prepare for - and so many that we can't prepare for - so it's really kind of amazing to me how many things we try to control in one way or another.

Case in point: Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah. Events we try to be ready for months ahead of time - but are we really? Every year, I hope this is the year that I am going to have everything done before the holiday is upon us. And every year, I prove myself wrong again. I don't know what it is. Maybe I just like the pressure of trying to get everything done at the last minute, maybe I'm just the master procrastinator. Whatever the case, I can never seem to be that person who has everything wrapped up (literally) months - or even weeks - before the big event.

And then there is the transition to another year. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to prepare for the eventuality of one year ending and another beginning. I am consumed with thoughts of Where did the year go? and What did I do with myself? Of course, that is quickly lost in other thoughts, like Wow, can't believe it's a new year already, just when I got used to this one! So how do you plan for the new year? If you're like everyone else, you're getting ready to start thinking about the most dreadful part of the new year - Resolutions. Personally, I hate making New Year's Resolutions because I think they are a recipe for failure - and who wants to start a new year off with a failure? Think about it: We set goals for ourselves that are often unrealistic, beyond our capabilities, and just plain confidence-zapping. Lose 20 pounds before summer - after eating all that holiday food that started pouring in on Halloween? Mm-hmm. Not going to happen. Change is a funny thing - it never happens in our timeline, but its own.

So how much can we really prepare for in life? Did the boy scouts get it all wrong? Please tell me what you think about this - and if you have any tips for staying sane this time of year, I'd love to hear them.

Happy Holidays!

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Maureen said...

It's all in perspective. I adore starting a new year because I'm perfectly capable of ignoring the year that is gone...in fact, there it goes, out the rearview mirror and outta my life!

I found that it's not really possible to plan for much of anything. In April of 2007, I suffered sudden cardiac death and that sort of puts things in perspective.

Don't plan, just do.

BTW, nope, not a ghost. Husband saved my life with CPR. ;-)

Margay Leah Justice said...

Now, that's the kind of husband to have, Maureen! And you've got a great attitude about life, too. Thanks for sharing!
Margay