Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Twilight Thursday

Kathleen Ann Gallagher



The Moonlighters Welcome Kathleen Ann Gallagher


Please welcome Kathleen Ann Gallagher into the Moonlight. Kathleen Ann Gallagher is the author of Echoes At Dawn and it is coming soon to Decadent Publishing.

Now, it's time to create a little mayhem and get to the good stuff and reveal all of Kathleen’s deepest darkest secrets in the moonlight. LOL So, grab your favorite wicked drink, sink your teeth into something decadent, sit back, relax and enjoy getting to know Kathleen Ann Gallagher.



MLM: The holidays are fast approaching and things always seem to get busier during this time of year. Do you have a relaxing technique that helps you de-stress? If so, please share, because this is advice we all need!

Kathleen: I have a few, but I’ll give you one of my favorites. I am usually running around the last minute, shop.sing, wrapping, cleaning, and cooking, and each year I tell myself that next holiday season, I’ll plan ahead. Well, I never keep that promise. Instead I scramble around like a maniac, doing everything at once. When I need to unwind, I light a vanilla musk candle and listen to Andrea Bocelli, while cuddled up on my comfy white down-filled sofa, enjoying a cup of herbal tea, with my husband. If I’m lucky, he’ll massage my shoulders.


MLM: What, if any, Thanksgiving traditions (decorating, gathering with friends and family for a meal, etc.) do you have?

Kathleen: It is imperative that my family get together to celebrate Thanksgiving. No matter how busy we are, gathering at my house is a must. I get out my favorite cooking magazines, dust off the fine china, and find some new recipes to surprise them with, each year, along with some old family traditions. My daughter, her husband, and my three grandsons, travel to spend the night. My two sons live nearby, so they bring their partners and stay the whole day. My husband decorates the yard for the kids, and it usually takes an entire afternoon. He puts up a Charlie Brown Christmas display in the back yard, and strings lights around the garden, making it look like a winter wonderland. I think he likes it more then the little ones. He puts up the Christmas lights early, to help us get into the holiday spirit. After dinner, we listen to Celine Dion , and give thanks for all of our blessings, while enjoying our pumpkin pie, with whipped cream, in the living room.


MLM: What was your most memorable Thanksgiving and why?

Kathleen: I have to say that my most memorable Thanksgiving was the first time I prepared the meal. I was a young mother and never held a dinner party for a large group of people, let alone roasted a turkey. It was my turn to invite everyone to my new house, so I was nominated by my mother and sisters, to prepare the feast. I remember feeling overwhelmed and insecure, in fear of making the dreaded dry turkey. I got all the advice ahead of time, from the senior women in my family, and then, I was on my own. My sister-in law offered to bring dessert, and I eagerly welcomed her assistance. My kitchen looked like an Iron Chef competition when I was done, but I did it. I carried my masterpiece inside, and my husband carved it, while I held my breath. I waited for their comments, and took a bite myself. The turkey was delicious and roasted to perfection. Everyone enjoyed the meal, and at the end of the day, my mother smiled, and said, “I pass this tradition on to you, and I’m finally hanging up my apron.”


MLM: What is a must have food at your Thanksgiving dinner table?

Kathleen: A must have dish on our table, is an old family favorite, stuffing with sausage, apples, and cranberries. It’s a handed down recipe from my grandmother, and we all love it. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without it. It’s yummy.


MLM: Tell us 3 things you are thankful for this year, please.

Kathleen: The first thing I’m always thankful for is my family. I have a loving husband, a wonderful daughter and son in-law, three adorable grandsons, and two sons, who are amazing. I have two older sisters, and a brother and lots of nieces and nephews, who make my life complete.

The next thing I’m grateful for is our health, without it, no amount of money, can make you happy.

Lastly, I am grateful for the opportunity to have my first novel, Echoes At Dawn, accepted by Decadent Publishing.


MLM: Just for fun, if you could be among any of the original members of that first Thanksgiving, who would it be, the Pilgrims or the Wampanoag (Native Americans)? Why?

Kathleen: I had to give this one some thought, but I think for me, I would rather be the Native Americans. They were the one’s who started the tradition by welcoming the Pilgrims and teaching them how to grow the food for the feast, and helped provide food when it was scarce. If it weren’t for their generous spirit, we may not have been celebrating Thanksgiving at all.


MLM: NaNo is popular among authors each November. Maybe it's so popular because it helps self-motivate so many of us during the encroaching holidays. Did you commit to NaNo this year? If yes, do you have any advice how to make NaNo a success? If no, what was your driving motivation to stay strong and avoid the month I've deemed "crazy NaNo"?

Kathleen: I really did not commit to NaNo this year, but I am working on a second novel. I admire writers that have the drive to complete a manuscript in a month. I get to anxious, giving myself a deadline. I remind myself everyday that I must keep on writing, even thought it is a busy time of year. I am working steadily to keep up the flow of the story, and after all, I want to know the ending.


MLM: Swashbuckling pirates like Johnny Depp are sexy—Argh!—but e-pirates are not! How do you handle e-pirates in your writing world? Do you have any advice or wish to share any experience with other writers? Anything you wish to say to e-pirates in general?

Kathleen: My work is precious to me, and I’m sure everyone that writes feels the same way. We put our so much of ourselves into our work. It becomes a part of us, and for someone to steal from us, is a terrible crime. Since I am a new writer, I haven’t had much experience with e-pirates, but I can tell you that I will do everything in my power to protect my work. If a person must rob a writer of getting paid for their work, it is a crime. They need to be stopped, at any cost. I think it would be a good idea for a writer, or a publishing house to set up a system for people to report e pirate sites. They could do it anonymously, and then the site could be contacted and the writer or the publisher can insist they remove the book. I read an article where the author was notified by a fan of an e pirate site, and when she requested it be removed, they complied. It is a sad thing when people rip off hard working, honest people. There will always be greedy people, trying to get something for nothing. I feel sorry for them, but hope they get what they deserve.



MLM: Now, let’s get to know a little more about your writing, Kathleen...What genre do you write and what’s the draw for you?

Kathleen: I write Women’s Fiction, Romance, and Paranormal. I love telling the story of a woman’s journey, along with a little romance, and a touch of magic.


MLM: If you could describe your writing with a word or phrase, what would it be? What do you want readers to take with them when they've finished reading your story?

Kathleen: I believe things happen for a reason, and we all deserve to be loved. I want my readers to relate to my characters and the things they have endured, while looking into their own lives, in hopes that something wonderful and maybe even magical can happen to them.


MLM: Imagine for a moment you're granted ONE wish with regard to your writing. It can be anything you want—besides becoming a national bestseller, because what author doesn't want that, right?—your imagination is your only limit here! What would you wish for?

Kathleen: I would love for my readers to enjoy my work, and truly experience the emotion one feels when finishing a wonderful book, and wishing the story never ended. Okay and I would love for it to be made into a movie.


MLM: What do you dislike the most about being an author? What do you like the most about being an author?

Kathleen: I suppose the criticism would be the thing I dislike the most. Everyone will not love your work, so you have to learn not to focus on the negative, but I still dread that part.
I love being able to create anything you want when writing. The beginning, middle and end, depend on you. That is a wonderful feeling.


MLM: Who decides what you write about, you or your muse? What kind of influence do you have over your story, or is the muse always the one basting the turkey?

Kathleen: I would like to believe that I decide on what happens in my story. An idea usually pops into my head, and then I get on a roll, and create the hook. I like to think about what causes my characters to act the way they do. This way I can find a way to make them learn from their pasts and move forward.


MLM: Have you ever based a character on a real-life person? If so, why? Was it simply to immortalize them or was there more to it than that? If you can, tell us who this person was without revealing their identity! We’re all curious here!

Kathleen: I did base a character in Echoes At Dawn on a real-life person. Two people to be exact. I combined the personalities of my mother and my mother-in law, who have both passed on. They were witty, and wise and loved life to the fullest. You’ll have to read my book to find out who she is.


MLM: What character did you have the most fun creating and why?

Kathleen: I had a blast creating the hero in my story, Nathanial Griffin. He is really a loner, yet women love him. I had to dig into his past to figure out what made him so irresistible, yet unavailable. I fell in love with him, by the end of the book. I wish I was making it a series. Maybe a sequel? We’ll see…


MLM: If you had the opportunity to meet just one of your characters in real life, who would it be and why? Which of your characters would you never want to meet under any circumstance and why?

Kathleen: I would love to meet my heroine Madeline Young. I admire her inner strength and determination. She takes chances, loves fully, younger men too, and is not afraid to enjoy her chocolate.

I have to laugh when I think about who I wouldn’t want to meet. I love all my characters, but I suppose If I have to choose, I would say Aunt Mary. You will have to read the book to find out why, but I get chills thinking about her.


MLM: Thanks so much for joining us, Kathleen! It's been a treat getting to know you better!

Website: http://www.kathleenanngallagher.com/


Kathleen Ann Gallagher




BLURB:

The strangely intertwined lives of a widowed mother of three, a charismatic bachelor, and an elderly woman, come together, to show that in life, there are no coincidences, only destiny.

Madeline Young loves her job as a chef in a waterfront restaurant, and believes she did a pretty good job, raising her three kids by herself. Nevertheless, she knows she has to stop dating the wrong men, especially one’s that are too young for her, or she’ll spend the rest of her life alone. Her world gets complicated when her elderly mother, who is getting forgetful moves in. To top it off, her rebellious youngest son, spends a day in the emergency room, for alcohol poisoning. Grandma uses her Ouija board to contact her deceased twin sister, and the duo conjures up a plan to find Madeline the perfect match. Aunt Mary pays Madeline an early dawn visit, and directs her to sign up for a volunteer position in a rehab center. She finds much more then she ever expected, behind the walls of the locked unit.

Nathaniel Griffin fascinates his clients with his lectures, but he hides behind his busy schedule, and keeps his personal life to himself. When he is chosen to orient Madeline to the unit, he cannot resist her charm. However, before he offers her his heart, he may have to confront his marred past. Can he face his demons, or will it be easier for him to remain isolated?

Twins from separate generations, who left this world early, are called upon, to perform one final mission of love, before they can rest. Will they accomplish their assignment, or will it be too late?



EXCERPT:

I stood up slowly, turning toward the door. Although, a part of me wanting to stay longer. Nat had a special gift for making a story come to life. It seemed as if time stood still. The vertical blinds were open enough to allow the sun in. The bright view drew me in, as I moved closer to the window.

“You have so many interesting stories to tell. I’ve really enjoyed listening to them,” I said, looking at my feet, feeling bashful, after our personal disclosures.

After all, we were practically strangers. He made everything sound intriguing with his animated narrative. I could have stayed there all day listening to him speak. I never met anyone like him before. There seemed to be a side of me that longed for the spontaneity he displayed in his voyages. Our lives appeared strangely linked together, even thought he spoke of travel as a way to soothe the anguish in his heart. I on the other hand, used reading as a chance to find peace, despite my troubled past.

I remembered I had a very important meeting to attend that afternoon at the restaurant. I glanced at my watch noticing the time. I had to hurry, or I would be late for the meeting. I fumbled with the strap on my handbag.

“Well Nat, thanks for the tour,” I laughed, nervously, feeling like I was coming on too strong. “I’ve enjoyed our conversation, but I really should get going now. I have to meet with my boss this afternoon.”

Nat moved closer to me, flashing a tiny grin, giving a playful chuckle.

“Thanks for listening to me go on. Would you like a piece of gum?” he asked.

I reached for it, with our hands briefly touching. He moved closer to me.
An immediate rush of pleasure flooded through my body, but I tried to ignore it, quickly putting the gum in my mouth. We said our goodbye’s, with my heart racing, as I left for the day.

0 Moonbeams (comments):