Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wistful Wednesday

Why Writing?

This is for all of you readers out there who have ever pondered the question Why did you choose writing as your passion? Well, the truth of the matter is - writing chose me. It is just something I have always done, literally from the moment I first picked up a pencil or a crayon or whatever. I have always told stories.

I began writing long before I even knew that was what I was doing - writing stories. I just had these words in my head that demanded to be put on paper so, like the good little girl I was then, I did so. I put them on paper. I first learned to write by following the format in the books I read. I learned the intricacies and the "rules" of writing in school. In fact, it was my junior high school
English teacher who first put a name to what I was doing - writing. She was the one who unraveled the mystery of the process to me and led me to where I am today. It was her encouragement that helped me to keep at it because she was the first person who acknowledged what I did - and validated it. And for a shy girl who didn't know her place in the world yet, that was everything.

I have always had an active imagination and many were the times that I would watch a movie or a television show, or read a book and think, I could've done better than that or I didn't like the way that ended, this is how I would've done it. That assertion fueled my desire to write. Of course, imagining my favorite actors playing the parts in the movie versions of my books helped, too! And then there were the vivid dreams, dreams that just begged to be made into books when I woke up. So of course, I had to do it.

There are many reasons why I am a writer, but the most important one is this: I absolutely love it. I eat, breathe, and dream - literally - writing. It is my passion, my one true love, the constant that has been with me through every awkward moment of youth, every heartbreak, every triumph, every fright, every success. Whatever I have done - or wanted to do - throughout my life, my writing has been right there beside me, reflecting back to me the life I have led and the dreams I have carried through every moment of my life.

What's your passion?

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

You pretty much described me, when the words are flowing! Were we separated at birth, lol?

Margay Leah Justice said...

Haha, Molly! I'm beginning to wonder that myself!
Margay