Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wistful Wednesday

In a Writing Funk

I don't know what my problem is, but I can't seem to find the drive to write. It's not that my Muse has taken a prolonged vacation in the Bahamas without me. I have plenty of ideas to work on, several stories that are in various stages of completion, and new ones coming at me at a normal pace (if there is such a thing as normal in writing!). So inspiration is not the problem. Neither is creativity. Some of the ideas I'm coming up with are very creative, indeed. I have more than enough to work with, to work on.

Still I can't seem to find the will to just sit down and write.

And I don't know why.

I love to write. Writing is one of the most important aspects of my life, after my family, of course. I live to write.

So why can't I?

I am in the midst of some kind of a writing funk where the ideas are there but the drive isn't. Maybe it's because I have a lot going on in my personal life right now and I'm getting too drained emotionally as I worry about my family to be able to sit down and write. Maybe it's because I'm in a knitting flow right now and I'm spending more time doing that (it's a great way to relax when you're stressed and boy, am I stressed right now!) than anything else. I really don't know.

Have you ever found yourself in one of these funks? If so, how did you get yourself out of it? I would really appreciate some advice so I can get back to doing what I love - write.

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

I fell into a funk after my 15 page document disappeared into cyberspace hell and the only version I'd saved was back on page 2. I finally printed out both pages yesterday and am feeling urge to re-create the rest.

Sometimes you just have to leave a grieving muse alone, lol:)

And doing other creative things sometimes helps...'creative therapy'???

Margay Leah Justice said...

Yes, Molly! Thank heavens for knitting, in my case! And I've had stuff like that happen before. Kind of makes you wonder what's easier - creation or re-creation.
Margay