Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mystic Monday

Abridged Vs. Unabridged

I may have written about this topic before, but I can't remember, so I'll write about it again.

I guess the reason I wish to discuss it is because of a recent listening experience. Now, I've listened to many abridged versions of stories, but I prefer the unabridged version because, no matter how good the story is and how engrossed in it I become, I always feel jolted in places and I know it's because something has been removed.

My husband borrowed some audiobooks from the library and I was curious about one of them. Well, once I started, I had to continue because I wanted to know how it ended, but I still had moments when I felt jolted out of the story, as if something was missing. I'll probably listen to the book again, in full, at a later date.

What's your preference when it comes to audiobooks - abridged, unabridged or does it even matter?

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

I've only listened to one and a halg and both were the the unabridged version.

But I have read some of the Reader's Digest abridged ones, and later read the full one. Got to admit, all the details make it worth the read:)